The Association of Labor Relations Agencies Presents:
Mediating Labour Disputes During the Global Pandemic
Labour and Employment Agencies responsible for mediating and adjudicating workplace disputes have had to find alternate ways of delivering their services during the COVID pandemic. These alternatives range from the extensive use of virtual mediation to adjusting in-person mediation to accommodate social distancing.
Join us for a free discussion regarding the challenges and practical implications posed by our current reality. This will be an excellent opportunity to learn about what dispute resolution agencies across Canada and the US are doing regarding mediation services. A panel will discuss the ways their agencies have adapted, what is working and responses received from their clients. Participant questions and comments during the program are encouraged.
- Facilitator – Natalie Zawadowsky, Regional Director - Ontario, Canada Industrial Relations Board
- Sarah Cudahy - General Counsel, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (US)
- Lindsay Foley - Industrial Relations Officer, Canada Industrial Relations Board
- Matthew Greer - Mediator, Washington State PERC
- Rick Rose – Mediator, Nova Scotia Labour Board
Audience: This discussion is primarily aimed at Board or Commission mediators.
Please share this invitation to colleagues within your agency.
When: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from 1:30 to 3:30 EDT.
How: The session will be conducted using Zoom, you will receive a link in your confirmation email. No registration fee.
If you do not receive the confirmation email, check your junk or spam folder. An email including the zoom link will be sent to all registered participants 1-2 days before the event.